Friday, September 30, 2016

MySexySaturday - October 1, 2016 - Raindrops And Roses


October 1, 2016:

For this week’s edition of MySexySaturday http://mysexysaturday.blogspot.ca/ I have seven paragraphs from RAINDROPS AND ROSES, a contemporary m/m romance.
 
 
RAINDROPS AND ROSES
By
Christiane France
https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-raindropsandroses-2127532-145.html
 

Blurb:
 

The day before Drew McEvoy is to fly home following a temporary work assignment in London, he trips going down the stairs to a teashop and is saved from injury by the quick thinking of Englishman, Michael Dawson. Michael sees Drew is a little shaken up by the incident, so he invites Drew to sit at his table to catch his breath and offers to buy him a cup of tea.

The chemistry is there from the word "go." Drew doesn’t know if it’s a momentary thing, or if it could turn into something more, and there’s not enough time for him to find out before he leaves. All he can do is hold onto the moment and stretch it out to the very last drop.

They leave the teashop and Michael surprises Drew by inviting him to have a drink at his flat, and then go somewhere for dinner. Drew knows the most they can have is a few hours together. This time tomorrow they’ll be thousands of miles apart. But there’s no point in him telling Michael that. After all, they’re just ships passing in the night, right?

^^^
It was put up or shut up time, and I didn’t have a clue what to say or do. I’d thought we were on the same wavelength, but Michael hadn’t said anything. Now I was afraid the first corner we came to, he’d go his way, I’d go mine and that would be it. Maybe I’d read him all wrong and he wasn’t interested. Maybe he already had someone in his life. Maybe he was straight. No, I knew I was wrong on all three counts. If even one of them were true, after saving me from breaking my neck, he wouldn’t have lingered. Once I regained my balance, he would have gone about his business. He wouldn’t have treated me to lunch and stayed with me the whole afternoon.
So, was he waiting for me to say something?
As we walked, I juggled a few ideas in my mind. I didn’t want to come on too strong and scare him off, but I didn’t want him to just disappear. I thought about suggesting a movie, or if he preferred, we could stop somewhere for a drink. Or what about meeting up later for dinner?
We reached the corner. My nerves tightened; my mouth was dry. I could barely breathe. This was it. Now or never. The traffic lights were in our favor, but instead of crossing over the street, Michael hesitated. “Do you have any plans for this evening?”
My breath escaped in a soft whoosh, and my heart skipped a beat. Yes! “No. Why? You have something in mind?” I asked, careful to keep my voice casual.
Just from the way he smiled, I figured he knew what I’d been thinking. “I have to go home and drop this off.” He indicated his bulging briefcase. “Would you care to come with me? It’s only a ten-minute walk from here. We can listen to some music, have a drink or two, and then later go out somewhere for dinner. What do you say?”
“Sounds like a great idea to me.” 

^ ^ ^

Don’t forget this is a blog hop. You can check out all the other contributors’ blogs by following this link:  http://mysexysaturday.blogspot.ca/

^ ^ ^
Cool mysteries and hot romance - http://www.chrisgrover.ca
http://twitter.com/chrisgrover2
http://christianefrance.blogspot.ca/ 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great idea to me, too. I hope these guys find a happy ending! :)

    ReplyDelete