Saturday, July 25, 2015

NEW RELEASE - NO ONE'S PERFECT - M/M CONTEMPORARY



This is the second book in the Hennessey Falls series.


 
Thanks to an ill-timed joke and a thoughtless action, Terry Miller not only lost his job, he also lost Liam, the man he loved and expected to spend the rest of his life with. A year has passed and Terry knows he should either find it in his heart to forgive Liam for his part in what happened, or forget him and move on. But he can’t forgive and he can’t forget. As far as Terry is concerned, Liam’s the one who owes him the apology.

Terry briefly appeared in The Replacement, the first book in this series, when he had a blind date with Noah Davidson, the owner of the Davidson Group, a string of restaurants and bars. In this one, Terry is in the final week of a 3-month trial period as manager of the latest jewel in the Davidson crown--BG's an after-hours nightclub. 

Excerpt: 

I felt someone touch my arm. “Hey, Terry. This is a surprise.”

My heart stopped beating, and my throat closed. I’d recognized the voice, the touch, and most of all I’d recognized the aftershave. Liam Ashdale. All I wanted to do was get up and get the hell out of there.

I did not need this!

I took a deep breath, controlled the urge to run, and forced myself to meet Liam’s gaze. He was just as good-looking and every bit as sexy as I remembered, but I refused to let it get to me. Whatever his reason for being here, I did not want to know. He’d ruined my life once. I’d not give him the chance to do it again.

He flashed me a smile. “How have you been?”

I did not smile back. “What do you care?”

“Come on, Terry. Loosen up. It wasn’t my fault you lost your job. I swear.”

“No? You’re saying you’re not the one who told that prick Freddy Johnson the reason I was late the morning my car broke down was because I was out looking for a new job?”

“So what if I did? It was meant as a joke. Just one of those stupid throwaway lines that sometimes get a chuckle and sometimes don’t. I wasn’t being serious. Freddy knew that and so did everyone else.”

“Maybe so, but it didn’t stop Freddy dearest from running to the boss and twisting the story around to suit himself, now did it?” I paused and shook my head. “I wouldn’t have thought the sorry little fucker had the balls to pull a trick like that, but…”

Cool mysteries and hot romance - http://www.chrisgrover.ca
Latest Releases: The Replacement, and Valentine’s Inn -
http://www.amberquill.com http://www.facebook.com/chris.grover.71  http://twitter.com/chrisgrover2
http://christianefrance.blogspot.ca/ 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment