Thursday, May 1, 2014

RAINY AFTERNOONS AND DISCOUNTED BOOKS


RAINY AFTERNOONS AND DISCOUNTED BOOKS 

April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Here in the Niagara Peninsula it may be a while before that happens. It’s been cold and wet all week and there’s been no indication of warmer temperatures anytime soon. 

A wet afternoon can be the perfect opportunity to snuggle up with a good book. And during the entire month of May 2014 Amber Quill Press is offering a 50% discount on all the Paranormal/Ghosts/Hauntings erotic romances in the Amber Heat line – check them out at http://www.amberquill.com/store/c/132-Paranormal-Ghosts-Hauntings.aspx


Two of my books are included in this special sale:

 


THE BUTTERFLY GIRL
By Christiane France
 
Blurb:

Tim Braiden needs somewhere quiet to finish his latest book and, hopefully, get back into his editor's good graces. Somewhere as far from the party scene and his drinking buddies as possible. A cottage on an uninhabited island set in the middle of a remote lake appears to be the perfect answer to his problem—until he arrives on the island and meets sexy, Marigold Fraser, a wildlife artist who specializes in painting Monarch butterflies. From the moment they meet, Tim knows Marigold is no ordinary girl. Marigold is special, magical, every man's ideal woman, who quickly takes over his dreams, his life, and finally his heart.

Excerpt:

A couple of minutes in the freezing water were all he could take without risking a bad attack of cramps. The sand-covered tip of the island stretched into the lake like an elongated triangle, and as he headed back to shore, he thought he saw what looked like someone sitting at the base of one of the pine trees on the far side.

When he looked again, there was nobody there. The sky had clouded up and it was starting to get dark fast, so he dismissed it as nothing more than a trick of light and shadow. But as he got closer, the shadow moved, and he realized he hadn’t imagined a thing. There was woman there. She was wearing a white sundress, sitting on the sand with her back toward him, and looking out over the other side of the lake. He stayed where he was in the water, his teeth chattering with the cold. Maybe Steve was wrong about no one staying at those cottages. Either that or the place really was haunted.

Or had Steve sent her? A little temptation to test Tim’s powers of resistance?

Whoever the woman was, while Tim didn’t want to scare her, he needed to get out of the lake before he froze to death. Problem was he hadn’t bothered with swim trunks and he’d left his towel with his jeans at the top of the beach. It was too far away to make a dash for it without her noticing.

“Hello,” he called in the woman’s direction. “I’m sorry. I didn’t realize there was anyone else on the island. Could you do me a huge favor and keep your back turned while I grab my towel?”

The woman, who Tim estimated to be somewhere in her early twenties, stood up and started down the beach toward him. “Where did you spring from?” she asked with a friendly smile. “When I arrived this morning, I walked all around the island, but there was no one here. At least, I didn’t see anyone.”

“I didn’t come over until this afternoon.” Tim’s teeth were now chattering like castanets. “I hate to be rude, but I really do need to get my towel.”

“Oh, right. Sorry!” The woman turned away, and Tim made a dash for his towel.

After drying himself, he put on his jeans and running shoes, and went back to where she waited.

“You staying in one of those cottages over on the other side of the island?” Tim asked.

“No. I only came over for the day.” She smiled and tucked a loose strand of dark hair behind her ear, then she ran her hands slowly over her breasts and down her slim body in a gesture so blatantly sexual it left Tim breathless and completely mesmerized. He knew it was rude to stare, but he couldn’t help himself. And he definitely couldn’t move. His feet were rooted to the ground.

“I wanted to spend some time with the monarchs,” the woman continued in a soft, lilting voice.

Tim didn’t have a clue who or what the woman was talking about. But from the sound of it, there were other people living here Steve had forgotten to mention. “The monarchs? Here on the island? Where do they live?”

“The monarch butterflies. You must’ve seen them. There’re usually hundreds of them here at this time of year.”

Tim recalled the red butterfly he’d seen earlier in the day. “Oh, right.” Up close like this, he could see the woman was no ghost. She was very real and absolutely gorgeous. High cheekbones, a wide mouth with full, pouty lips, dark hair down to her waist and luminous green eyes with the longest lashes he’d ever seen. There was also an inexplicable something about her that drew him like a magnet yet, at the same time, gave him the urge to run like hell.

He’d read about sea sirens having this effect on sailors—a kind of sexual hypnosis that enabled the sirens to lure the men to their deaths with promises of passion beyond their wildest dreams.

The woman took a small step toward him, and Tim took a small step back. This was a Canadian lake, not the sea. The woman took another tiny step forward. He’d never heard of a lake siren, but that wasn’t to say they didn’t exist. In these days of equal opportunity, anything was possible. He glanced up and down both sides of the triangular-shaped beach. “You have a boat here somewhere?”

“A friend brought me over.” She checked her watch. “He was supposed to come back and get me more than an hour ago.” She gave a soft, sexy laugh that sent Tim’s temperature up a couple of degrees and caused his stomach muscles to spasm.

He didn’t know the woman’s name. He didn’t have a clue who or what she was. He didn’t care about the details. His penis was pressing hard against the metal zipper of his jeans, and all he could think about was how much he wanted her—more than he could remember ever wanting a woman before.

He desperately wanted to see what she was hiding beneath that dress—slip the straps off her shoulders, move the fabric slowly down her body so he could suckle her breasts, kiss her silky flesh then lay down with her on the warm sand and expose her secrets to his searching mouth. She’d be so wet, he’d—

She continued to look at him and smile, her eyes issuing an invitation he couldn’t miss. But then she lowered her eyelashes and, for one crazy instant, Tim was tempted to put his thoughts into action while he had the chance. She looked soft, enticing and so very, very willing, with the kind of legs that went on forever. She’d wind those legs around his waist and hold him prisoner while he—

“Hey, look. I think that’s Ben coming now,” she said, pointing to the lake and jerking Tim out of his X-rated daydream. “See that boat out there?”

Tim couldn’t see a thing. He didn’t want to see anything. His head was churning with images and feelings that were way out, even for him. He wanted to taste her and bring her to the edge, and hold her there. Drive her wild with the same needs he felt himself, and when she was really ready, he’d—

 


INSEPARABLE
By Christiane France
 
INSEPARABLE is a humorous and sexy, paranormal romp that finds Alison Palmer in the unique position of having handsome twins ready to kiss her cares away and satisfy her wildest dreams. I mean, like wouldn’t we all love to endure such hardships J

Blurb:

When Alison Palmer flees to England to escape the financial mess left by her late, philandering husband, she is, to use her own words, plain flat on her ass. With no money and no job training of any kind her future looks pretty grim—until she gets a job house-sitting Foxton Hall and meets handsome Nick Berringford and his deceased, identical twin brother, Nathan.

Nick and Nathan’s parents once owned the Hall and the pair were planning to buy it back. Before that could happen, Nathan was involved in a freak accident and died shortly thereafter. Now, rumor has it that Nathan’s ghost not only haunts the bedroom where he died, but the ghost is gaining a reputation for making love to any woman who happens to sleep there.

At first, Ali thinks she’s having sexy dreams about the live twin, Nick, until Nathan introduces himself, and Ali realizes she’s as much in love both the ghost and his twin, and the trio are quickly caught up in a ménage a trois.

Nick figures Nathan’s spirit is trapped in the Hall due to his failure to follow through on a plan to regain possession of their former family home. That’s why he’s never left the village—he won’t desert his brother. They are and always have been, inseparable. But what’s Nick to do now that the Hall is again up for sale? He and Ali want Nathan to stay, but Nathan knows if his bid to buy it back succeeds there’s every chance Nathan will feel his business here on earth is finished and disappear.
Excerpt:
 
“’Morning, sweetheart. It’s eight o’clock. Time to get up and at ’em.”

I struggle to open my eyes and sit up, but opening my eyes is as far as I get. Someone, and I’m pretty sure it’s Nick, is sitting on the edge of the bed and using his delicious, sugar-coated lips to kiss me.

“Nick?” I mumble, pushing him off so I can breathe properly.

“Of course. Who did you think it was? Your favorite movie star?”

“No, I have a nasty suspicion Orlando is busy elsewhere.” One other name certainly springs to mind, but I think I’ll save any questions about Nathan until later. “You been into those donuts again?”

“I was hungry. But I brought an extra one, and if you’re very good to me, maybe I’ll let you have it.”

“What do I have to do?”

“Well, let me see…” He lifts the duvet an inch or two, and I feel the incredibly erotic touch of his cold hands against my warm skin. He caresses my breasts until I feel the nipples peak and harden, then he pushes back the covers, and my fingers thread through his hair, holding him prisoner, as his hot mouth and tongue take over, licking and nibbling, until I’m on fire with need.

His tongue moves down my body, drawing intricate patterns on my skin, while his hands stroke the inside of my thighs, urging me to part my legs. I try to resist, in an effort to extend the moment, but my need is too great, so my resistance lasts for less than a heartbeat.

I feel his hot breath on my muff, then his tongue finds my most sensitive spot and I shiver with ecstasy.

“Whatever you do, don’t stop,” I say on a groan. “That feels sooo goooood…”

But I barely finish what I’m saying before his mobile phone starts chirping like a demented bird. “No! Don’t answer,” I plead. “Please, I beg of you. No, no, no.”

But already it’s too late. He pulls up the covers, takes out his phone and flips it open. “Yes?”

I take comfort in the knowledge he doesn’t appreciate the interruption any more than I do myself, but from the irritated but resigned expression on his face, I have a nasty feeling that what we just started will have to be put on hold indefinitely.

“When? Where?” His eyebrows draw together in an angry frown. “They what? You’re saying the police dismissed the call as a prank? I don’t believe this.” He sighs and shakes his head, but the frown stays in place. “And getting hit twice in one night is really too much. Stay where you are. I’ll be there as soon as I can.”

He closes the phone, puts it back into his pocket, and brushes his lips against my forehead. “I’m sorry, love. I have to go. I have no choice. We’ve had another hijacking…this time on the other side of London. Apparently the driver saw it coming. His young son was in the cab with him, so he had the boy ring the police. But the stupid emergency operator thought because it was a kid calling it must be a joke and hung up. I’ll be back as soon as I can.”

I’m an adult, I know these things happen, and I know responsible service providers have to answer the call. But I’m wound up tighter than a clock, and the moment the door closes behind Nick, I turn onto my belly and pound the pillow with my fists. “Fuck, fuck, fuck! This is so not fair.”

I don’t know whether to indulge myself in an extended fit of screaming, resort to sobbing my heart out, or relieve my frustration in the time-honored fashion of DIY. Before I can make my mind up which way to go, I feel one side of the mattress dip slightly. I hold my breath. I thought Nick had gone. No way did I even harbor the faintest of hopes that he would relent and come back.

But then I feel strong arms wrap around me and hot lips begin to nuzzle my neck. “Feeling a little bit frustrated, are we?”

“You know damn well we are,” I mutter into the pillow, aware he’s taken his clothes off because his prick is now nudging against my butt. “And it’s a good thing you came back, otherwise I’d have given serious consideration to changing the lock. Permanently.”

He strokes and nibbles his way down to my waist, and then he turns me onto my back. I’m on fire. I want him to get to the good part…now. Somehow, I manage not to rush things by closing my eyes and offering no resistance as he parts my legs and cups my butt in his hands. But instead of entering me, I feel his tongue teasing and touching, sending my need soaring.

I want him to fuck me now, not play games, but when I try to push him away, he laughs and starts alternately sucking and stabbing at my clit with his tongue.

“Please, Nick. Stop! If you don’t, I’m going to come without you.”

He stops immediately, and moves his face up within inches of mine. “I’m not Nick, you silly goose. I’m Nathan. Nick left some time ago. I thought you knew that.”

Nathan?

I’m ready to freak, but somehow I control the urge. “So he did. Do I take this to mean you think you can pick up where he left off?”

“Of course. I told you we shared everything. And since he couldn’t finish, I thought I’d play the gentleman and help you out.”

“Really? That’s assuming a lot.” I can’t believe I’m being so cool about this, but what choice do I have?

Do I even want a choice?

“You’re saying you don’t want me?”

“No. I can assure you there’s no way I’m saying that. But I…umm…I…” The fact is I haven’t a clue what to say. I’ve never been in this ridiculous position before. And to make matters worse, his gorgeous big dick is playing peek-a-boo with my muff. I don’t think I can say no, not even if my life depended on it, and I thank the powers that be it doesn’t. “I don’t know what to say. I wish I did, but I’m afraid I don’t.”

Capturing my gaze, he opens my folds and pushes the head of his cock into my slit. “Just say yes. You’re so hot and so wet you’re almost on fire. Come on, love. Admit that you need me.”

“I…err…I don’t know.” That’s a lie. I know all too well what I want. And I’m afraid I’m falling in love with Nathan as fast as I did with Nick.

But I can’t love two men at the same time. Or can I?

“You know alright.” He laughs and pushes in a little further, and I swallow my misgivings. He’s big, he’s hard like a rock, and he feels so damn good. And if I don’t take what he’s offering, I’m going to have to do it myself. And why go to all that trouble when he’s not only willing, he’s already halfway there?

Without warning, he pushes in the rest of the way and I feel the roughness of his groin hair against my skin. “Oh, shit!”

He slips a finger under my chin and lifts my mouth to meet his. “Can I take that as a yes?”

“Take it however you want. I just need you to fuck me, sugar. And do it fast before I explode.”

Christiane France

Cool mysteries and hot romance - http://www.chrisgrover.ca
Latest Release: LOOKING FOR ANSWERS
https://www.facebook.com/chris.grover.71
http://twitter.com/chrisgrover2
http://christianefrance.blogspot.ca/ 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment