Friday, January 10, 2014


January 11, 2014:

For this week’s MySexySaturday, I have seven paragraphs from ANYTHING YOU CAN DO. Devon and Julian haven’t seen each other for years. Could this finally be the right time for the two of them? The feelings are still there, but maybe feelings are just not enough. 

Cool mysteries and hot romance - http://www.chrisgrover.ca
Latest Release: A HAPPY CHRISTMAS ENDING http://www.amberquill.com/AmberAllure
Coming Soon: IT’S COMPLICATED
http://www.facebook.com/chris.grover.71        

http://twitter.com/chrisgrover2
http://christianefrance.blogspot.ca/ 

 


Anything You Can Do
by Christiane France

ISBN-13: 978-1-61124-297-3 (Electronic)

http://www.amberquill.com/AmberAllure/AnythingYouCanDo.html

As teenagers, Devon and Julian denied their feelings for one another and avoided scandal by becoming fierce competitors and sworn enemies, even engaging in physical fights on occasion. After finishing school, Devon went to live and work in New York. Julian took his dreams of becoming a movie star to California and disappeared from view.

Now, years later, they’re both back home in Bayview and those old feelings are still very much alive and well. But Devon needs to focus all his efforts on bringing his family’s beach resort back to life. Julian has to decide what to do with his late grandfather’s house. Should he turn it into a B&B, or should he sell the property and move on?

It wasn’t the right time for them when they were in high school, and now, with problems to solve and decisions to make, the timing seems no better...

***

 

I forced a smile. “I wouldn’t say that. If we take out the hope factor, then we’ll have to stop dreaming and get real. Right?”

“You really think so?”

“No.” I felt ten times more miserable than I had two seconds ago. “If I thought it would help, I’d say let’s find someplace private and get it on. But we both know, with the way things are right now, it would only make it worse. Your life is too unsettled. You have decisions to make, the kind that don’t happen overnight. A few weeks from now, depending on what you decide, you could be miles away. I guess what I’m trying to say is that I won’t settle for scraps or ask for promises you’re not able to give. I want it all, babe. The two of us together forever. If I can’t have that, then forget it.”

Before I could stop him, Julian moved in even closer. He took my hand and pressed it against his cock. He was every bit as aroused as I was, and I wondered why he was doing this. Showing me what I was missing? Trying to convince me to grab what we wanted while we could?

The next thing I knew, his arms were around me, holding me tight. His velvety soft lips touched mine, and a shiver ran through my body. Emotion tightened my throat. I smelled his scent; I felt the thud of his heartbeat and the wetness of our tears against my cheek. Suddenly, I understood. Maybe one day we’d get lucky and have it all. Maybe all we’d ever have was this one special moment—a simple declaration of love that needed no words.

I have no idea how long we stood there, locked in each other’s arms. And I have no idea what made us finally step apart. I only know whoever said it was better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all, must have been where I was at this exact moment at least once in his life.

If this was goodbye, and I had a feeling it was, I’d just have to put him out of my mind and move on.
 
 

 

4 comments:

  1. Wow..intense. And what a brave man to take what he needs even knowing the outcome may be disastrous.

    Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things just have to work out.
    Evelise

    ReplyDelete